Mario Charalambous is the Technical Director of the Richard Ward salon, a favourite of the Duchess of Cambridge. The Richard Ward salon’s client list reads like a who’s who of Britain’s best-known celebrities and members of the Royal Family, claiming the Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton among their devout clientele.
Renowned in the trade as one of the most respected colourists and technicians in the UK, and indeed globally, Mario’s particular areas of expertise include classic and contemporary styling, colour correction and balayage.
Following a brief visit to Pastels Salon at The Ritz Carlton Dubai Marina in February of this year, KM caught up with Mario who kindly gave us an exclusive on his ten top tips for achieving the perfect wedding hair…
- Decide on your look for the day. Magazines and the internet are a good place to start and there is lots of inspiration to be found.
- Once you’ve decided on your look involve your stylist and colourist to see if the goal is achievable.
- If possible book a trial run with your stylist so you can see how comfortable you are with the look you have chosen.
- Co-ordinate your hair trial with an immediate dress fitting in order to see how the dress and hair work together and so you get an overview of the look.
- Create a hair schedule leading up to your wedding day, to include hair colour and hair cuts, however minimal, to ensure your hair is in the best possible condition.
- Be realistic on the amount of growth that is achievable by your wedding date.
- If your hair is long then the chances are you will have some split ends, this will be due to colouring, heated appliances and general wear and tear. It is important to remove the split ends, otherwise they will continue to split and this could be detrimental to the style you have chosen. To counteract this hair foe, have a split end treatment, this is done by using scissors and clippers and can only be done on dry hair by a salon specialist.
- To keep your hair healthy and glossy it is important to try to have a hair treatment that will be tailored to your individual hair needs once a week.
- Use the best possible products on your hair. Kerastase Resistance Bain Age Recharge Lipo-Replenishing Shampoo and Recharge Firming Gel-Masque. Remember your hair grows half an inch a month, which is 6 inches a year, so if your hair is shoulder length, your hair is likely to be at least 3-4 years old and so needs some TLC to look its best.
- If possible reduce the amount of blow drying you do and try not to wash your hair every day.
3 Responses to “A-list Stylist, Mario Charalambous’ Ten Top Tips For Achieving Perfect Wedding Hair”
A-list Stylist, Mario Charalambous’ Ten Top Tips For Achieving Perfect Wedding Hair: Mario Charalambous is the… http://t.co/pvXekQnIQQ
Sandrane Suranga liked this on Facebook.
Serajuddin Seraj liked this on Facebook.