As Toni & Guy opens up a new salon in Abu Dhabi and marks their 11th year as an official sponsor for London Fashion Week, KM looks at some trendy style tips from T&G’s in-house Stylist, Amy Keaton.
Hair Stylist, Amy Keaton used to work in Dubai and has now relocated to the new branch in Abu Dhabi. Amy has 17 years of experience as a pro expert in detailed hair styling and colouring. When asked what about her interests in the world of styling, she says, “Hair, beauty and fashion are my major interests. My passion is my work; I am constantly researching & reviewing the worldwide latest trends for hair styles and colours.”What does she think about working with Toni & Guy? “I look up to Toni & Guy who are a fashion driven and trend setting company. Toni & Guy are at the forefront of fashion; it’s a part of their existence. They create amazing collections that others follow and are the main hairdressing company to be requested for all the big fashion shows in UK and Europe.”
Amy’s personal favorite styles are shoulder to long length straight hair, because one could do so much with long hair!
How To Achieve Amy’s 5 Top Styles
1.Bold Braids –as seen at GILES
- Prep hair with volume mousse and blast through with hair dryer.
- At the front section of hair, use a grooming brush to flatten hair down.
- Plat hair and secure with elastics.
- Pull some hair out from each side of the face and straighten for a smooth effect.
- Finish off with hairspray.
Products: label M Volume Mousse, label M Hairspray.
2.Glamour Amor – as seen at Jean Pierre Braganza
- Prep hair with sea salt spray to create a lived-in texture.
- Create a strong side parting all the way to the crown.
- Take hair back using fingers and pull hair into a low side ponytail just behind the ears.
- Braid loosely and pull out strands of hair to create texture.
- Step five: Tuck the braid back from under to create a “fallen out” chignon shape.
Products: label M Sea Salt Spray.
3.Uplift – as seen at Judy Wu
- Step one: Prep hair with volume mousse.
- Step two: Work a curved section to the right.
- Step three: Using the hair from the right side, secure at the nape. With the left side, use resurrection style dust.
- Step four: Back comb and secure both side into a low pony.
- Step five: Wrap fabric around ponytail.
Products: label M Volume Mousse, label M Resurrection Style Dust.
4.Bumble Babe – as seen at Paul Costelloe
- Step one: Spray hair with texturizing volume spray then section the hair and curl large sections using a tong.
- Step two: Gently brush out curls and back comb by sections.
- Step three: Tie hair up into a very loose pony and let it drop.
- Step four: Shape and pin hair into place and pull out baby hairs wherever necessary.
- Products: label M Texturizing Volume Spray
- Retrograde Plait– as seen at Tata Naka
- Step one: Apple volume mousse to the roots and blow dry the hair to a smooth finish.
- Step two: Create a low pony and make a bun, leaving a portion of the hair loose.
- Step three: Secure bun with bobby pins.
- Step four: Braid the rest of the hair and gather them at the crown.
- Step five: Style the ends across forehead as a fringe and secure braid with bobby pins.
- Step six: Secure with hold and gloss spray.
Products: label M Volume Mousse, label M Hold and Gloss Spray