Director of Nanogen Expert Hair Research and Founder of Perfect Look Centre, Amit Sodha boasts 25 years of expertise in the hair care industry across Canada, Dubai and India.
Amit has done extensive research on treatment for hair loss in Canada from the early age of 18 and has a personal interest in the field. He is instrumental in setting up the Perfect Look Center in Dubai to provide world-class hair care technologies in the region for individuals with hair problems.
He has several years of experience with treatments such as CTR (Cosmetic Transdermal Reconstruction), the world’s first skin-based hair system and Versacchi Wet Line products among several others. Recently, he has initiated the launch of Nanogen in Dubai. Nanogen is a revered brand in the UK and the thought behind introducing the brand in Dubai was that the harsh weather conditions in the region cause severe damage to hair for both men and women. Amit developed www.nanogen.ae to make it convenient for residents to buy Nanogen products.
A firm believer in providing customers with the latest, effective and safe products, Amit’s esteemed clientele includes individuals from across GCC, ME and India. He has also helped several high profile individuals including popular socialites and Bollywood celebrities treat their hair problems with products such as the Perfect Look Lace. Here, Amit gives KM Readers his five top tips on how to maintain healthy hair this Summer:
- If you are experiencing thin hair or hair loss, the first step would be to see a hair specialist to find out why. Some of the reasons for thinning hair and hair loss could be poor diet and stress. One very talked about reason for thin hair and hair loss in Dubai has been the water. This has still not been proven but the debate continues among the hair care industry. Regardless of the reasons, if you are not happy with your hair, try to do something about it early on.
- Try and give your hair and scalp a good 3-5 minute massage 3 to 4 times a week. This will help circulation and relax your scalp, which is important for healthy hair growth. One of the best times to do this is when you apply a good quality conditioner to the hair and scalp.
- Due to the climate conditions we live in, it is always advisable to drink plenty of water to maintain not only health hair but also healthy skin.
- Use the right type of products for your hair and scalp. Choose a shampoo that will thoroughly cleanse your scalp and a conditioner that will add thickness to your hair without weighting the hair down. It is always advisable to use products that are free of Parabens and SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate).
- If you are already experiencing a lot of hair fall and thin hair, avoid blow drying your hair on a regular basis and avoid doing any chemical treatments such as straightening or better known here as re-bonding, since chemicals used in performing these treatments do not help your hair at all.